Hey, kids. Here are some quick updates to what I’ve been doing.
- Final (?!) revisions to Emerald Sword are underway. Still rethinking that title. At current pace, my fantasy novel will be ready for agents around July 15 or so.
- Finished inking/coloring Bubblegum-Man #3 on the big paper. Working on #4 right now. Issue 4 may be a double-sized deluxe-edition. Once these are done, the current story arc will end. In other words, you can expect Bubblegum-Man #3 on this website within the next month or so.
- Working on Iron Man armor for Dragon-Con. I’ll be down on Sunday this year. I spend most of my time in the dealer room, scavenging comics and coveting rare action figures I cannot afford.
- Posted two new videos to the Youtubes. Here’s the good one:
I forgot to turn off the air conditioning for that first one, so…yeah.
- Started watching Rick and Morty this summer. Good stuff!
- Rebecca Cohen and Ethan Kocak still make better webcomics than me.
- Someone made a Wheel of Time -themed metal song:
So there’s that.
- This kid on Youtube wants 5 likes. Let’s help’em out:
Hey folks. As you can see, we’ve gone through a couple cosmetic changes: TheOptimistsUmbrella.com is now conqcomix.net. The content hasn’t really changed that much. We’ll still be putting up Bubblegum-Man comics (issue 3 on the way, promise), as well as posting updates on my creative works and for the site as a whole under the “State of the Conq” category and blogging on a variety of subjects in the “Side of Conq” category. Bubblegum-Man will continue to use the “Bubblegum-Man” category and will still update at the top of the page. Comics like In His Spare Time and Apples and Oranges (coming soon-ish) will update with the blog postings. Hope you like the new layout! Let me know what you think. If you haven’t read Bubblegum-Man yet, now’s the time to get caught up on issues 1 and 2. Just click on the links below.
These two issues will be getting remastered in the near future, with clearer dialogue and tighter plotting. Keep your eyes out for that!
UPDATE: For convenience and old times’ sake, TheOptimistsUmbrella.com and williambrust.com will both still direct to this site.
I know this issue is a bit talky. Never fear. Issue 3 has much more action, as our brave heroes encounter Dr. Mollusk’s latest plan for mass carnage: The Bubblegum Clones!
But even if our heroes are victorious, what will happen when the Archons arrive on our world?
Until next time, kids. See you in the funny papers!
Happy Valumtymes Day, peebles! Go and eat your candy hearts out!